Lewannick Parish Wind Turbine Fund
LEWANNICK PARISH WIND TURBINE FUND GRANTS POLICY
valid as from June 2020
Lewannick Parish Wind Turbine Fund will consider applications for grants from voluntary groups or charitable organisations.
To qualify for an award the applicant must be able to demonstrate that any funding from the Lewannick Parish Wind Turbine Fund will benefit the parish, or residents of the parish.
Grant applications will be dealt with by the Lewannick Parish Wind Turbine Fund committee.
In determining the validity of an application, the committee will refer to the following guidelines.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES: –
1. For the purpose of purchasing equipment or other items, either in part or in full.
2. For the funding of transport that will enable group members to partake in a group trip or outing, regardless of their incomes.
3. For training activities, or to purchase the expertise of an outside trainer/instructor/facilitator.
4. For activities that raise the profile of the area.
5. For the running costs of a viable group that is experiencing a period of hardship.
6. For hosting special events or celebrations.
7. For the provision of recreational facilities.
1. Grants will not usually be awarded to individuals.
2. Additional applications within a 12-month period will not normally be considered.
3. The award must be used for the purpose for which the application was made.
4. If the group is unable to use the award for the stated purpose, all monies must be returned to the Lewannick Parish Wind Turbine committee.
5. All awards must be fully accounted for and evidence of expenditure should be supplied as requested. If the Lewannick Parish Wind Turbine committee is not satisfied with the arrangements, they reserve the right to request a refund of the monies awarded.
6. Groups operating outside the parish boundary will normally not be eligible for grant funding.
7. A copy of audited accounts or bank statements (last 12 months) will be required.
8. If the group ceases to exist within 12 months, funds will need to be repaid unless evidence is provided to show that it was spent as requested.
9. Grants will not usually be awarded for works already undertaken.
10. An article for the parish newsletter and parish website may be requested in order to promote the grant application service that is being provided, the funding source and also your organisation. A small plaque or notice (if applicable) in recognition of the funding source (the Lewannick Parish Wind Turbine at Blackaton Farm) would be welcomed.
1. Any charity, voluntary group, community organisation or agency that operates within Lewannick parish and are of benefit to the local community may apply for funding.
2. The Lewannick Parish Wind Turbine Fund will not fund activities outside of its powers and functions.
1. Not all eligible applications will be successful
2. The Lewannick Parish Wind Turbine committee’s decision will be final.
2021 applications for funding need to be received by 12 noon on Wednesday 1 December 2021.
We aim to distribute awards before the end of the year.
Applications should be addressed to: